02 January, 2012

Handmake Christmas 2011 - Gift 6... the last handbag!!

Ok, ok... so I made a few handbags. I've been sewing less than a year and handbags are something that I feel are lovely gifts, can be matched to the different tastes/personalities of each recipient and are achievable for a beginner like me. :)

This one was for my Mother-in-law. I nearly fell over when I saw the fabric.  Have you every had one of those 'gift finding' moments where you just want to scream "IT. IS. SO. PERFECT!!!!!" and then run to the counter and buy it, no matter the cost??? No??? Well, I have! When I walked past this gorgeous decorator weight fabric and saw the beautiful black and caramel stripes I knew it was for her and then i opened up the bolt of fabric and noticed that it had a wide decorative edge... I nearly fell over, the colours were perfect for her! So, the decorative edge became the lining for her bag. PER-FEC-TION!!!

Ok, before I get too carried away...

here it is...



Hello gorgeous lining fabric!! Could you be any more perfect?!?!?

So... there it is... the last of my Christmas handbags...

Stay tuned for more handmade goodness tomorrow.

Kerryn

No comments:

Post a Comment