26 October, 2011

helium balloons and felt teeth and ice packs... oh my!!

Today's 'just because' gift is one that makes me giggle. My brother has just had some of his wisdom teeth removed, poor guy!! I absolutely HATE the dentist (sorry to any dentists reading this, I'm sure you really are nice people... ;). My brother has been dreading these few appointments so I thought I'd make something special for him to come home to. My brother has a terribly funny sense of humour so I was really able to go all out on his gift. I decided to make him a cover for a ice pack with felt teeth and blood drops dripping off one of the roots of the teeth. Hee hee hee...

Here it is...

I've put some snaps on the end so that the cover can be removed
Sorry to my mother-in-law and all you expert embroiderers out there. I've only had one lesson in embroidery and I couldn't be bothered doing it properly... so... it's a bit 'rustic' ;)
with the ice pack
I also bought him a set of replacement teeth

Here it is on his doorstep with a helium balloon chosen by Lachie. This is actually the second balloon that we bought. The first one got popped 15 minutes after we got home from a very stressful trip to the balloon shop. And yep... I cried!! Not sure if it's better or worse to cry over a popped balloon as opposed to spilt milk?!?!? Hmmm... lots of child related stress at our place at the moment. Anyway, blah blah blah...
Ok, hope you like this random little project. Know someone who needs to be cheered up?? Why not go out and buy a helium balloon?? I am a firm believer that anyone can be cheered up with a helium balloon. ;) Who cares their (or your) age... you're never too old for a helium balloon!!

See ya,

Kerryn

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. ice packs for coolers

    ReplyDelete